Friday, April 15, 2011

More Process

I wanted this piece to convey the dark qualities of the two source images.  "Slave ship" by J.M.W. Turner already had an eerie appearance before i did anything to it.  After I applied the filter to the image it became much more digital looking and the colors took on a camouflage-like look.  The filter I applied to my second source image (the 3 witches) completely distorted their faces giving a more digital appeal to the overall image.  What i really liked about this filter was its similarity to "Sphere" (one of my favorite Sci-Fi B movies).  The movie Sphere has a giant golden sphere that looks like it is constantly rippling.  There sphere itself unleashes peoples worst fears, so I enjoyed the surreal quality and resemblance it brought to this piece.  

No comments:

Post a Comment